Monday, September 8, 2014

Rohit Unnam - Search Based Planning Lab - Carnegie Mellon - Lab Summary - Week 1

The first few days at the lab were somewhat slow as my team leader, Jonathon Butzke wasn't going to be at the lab until the second week. But, I got to meet all the people at my lab and see what kind of stuff they were working on. There were people working on a whole variety of things from getting a robot to maneuver a picture frame through a picture frame, to getting a robot to deliver drinks to desks in the lab. The people in the lab are extremely experienced. Most of them are Grad students, some graduated some interns from other colleges. My team head was a former air force pilot. There was even someone who went to the same middle school as me (Princeton Day School).

Here's a picture of the group:

]

There are about 10 others who don't work directly in the lab but are a part of (including the PI himself).

No comments:

Post a Comment