Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Starting at the lab - Rohit Unnam - Carnegie Mellon

The first few weeks at the lab were mostly just orientation. I was introduced to the people in the lab and got to hear about all the cool stuff they were working on. Some were working on programming new algorithms to more efficiently path plan for various tasks, some were working the the PR2 robot and applying their planning algorithms to different tasks, and so many more that I can't list. My group however, was working with the commercial AR.drone. The 4 of us were the only ones doing that so we were pretty much our own sub-lab. Below is a picture of the other two interns in our group. We I asked about how to program the PR2 and they demonstrated by trying to get the $400,000 robot to shoot a nerf gun...

On the left is Ellis and on the right is Sam. They were pretty cool and knew a lot about programming and taught me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment