Sunday, July 20, 2014

Colby Saxton- Week 5, Linksvayer Lab- UPenn

         Hello once again, This week was a mostly forgettable week. Regarding the research aspect, this week failed to produce anything noteworthy, and no progress was made. But a few interesting events happened regarding my experience as a whole. First of all, I had the pleasure to welcome Dr. Peretz to my lab. On Wednesday, our lab ran out of clay. Clay takes on a multipurpose role in our lab, and it is a necessity in many of the experiments done. I was given the adventure to buy the clay which unraveled into a bit more of a trek than I had anticipated. I had to use the underground trolley to go to the art store which we buy our clay. I was able to get to the store and buy the clay fine, but getting back was a different story. After asking a few pedestrians, I was able to make my way back after a difficult time finding the trolley station.
          Unfortunately no progress has been made on the pathfinder project. We still have yet to solve the program dilemma, and the scientists at NJIT who were are working in conjuncture with are still in Australia. This week consisted of more pathfinder assays, filming ants movements, collecting third enstars, and removing pupae from colonies: all charted territory. As each week passes by I am starting to get a firmer grasp on to what a career of research would shape up to be like.

Have a Wonderful Day,

Colby Saxton

No comments:

Post a Comment