Monday, July 7, 2014

Lynna Ye - Week 3: More PCR Troubles at the Ware Lab

Last week I continued doing PCRs and extractions, as usual. I finally saw a band in the gel for one of my PCR products, but sadly, the next batch yielded the familiar smears once more. This week I will continue adjusting my PCR procedure - maybe changing primers - until the PCRs start to work more consistently so we can begin to send in the DNA for sequencing soon.

Photo of one of my gels. They're all smears - no bands.


In other news, Manpreet - a grad student - was stressed the whole week about her PhD qualifying exam, which determines whether or not she is accepted as a PhD candidate. Today, she passed! And there was a celebratory mood.

Hopefully, next week will be more eventful as I try to get the PCR to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment